Take your game to the next level with these tips on how to get dragon scales. The rewards will be well worth it for any player looking to go beyond the standard armor and weapons in Skyrim.
The “skyrim dragon scales id” is a quest in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Dragonborn will need to find the location of the hidden treasure and then take it back to the Jarl of Whiterun.
Dragon scales are required for some of the game’s most powerful armor components, but they’re not as simple to come by as you would think. To gather some dragon scales to utilize in crafting, you’ll have to actually harvest dragons (gasp!).
This article will teach you how to get dragon scales in Skyrim using several methods. There’s also an unique spot where you can just pick up dragon scales, but the best source of dragon scales is, of course, the dragons themselves.
In Skyrim, how can you get dragon scales?
Locate the Dragons
There are 12 distinct places in Skyrim where dragons may be found. The ten locations on the map above are the most important dragon lairs in Skyrim:
- Ascension of the Ancients
- Autumnwatch Tower is a watchtower in the city of
- Crest of Bonestrewn
- Crater of Dragontooth
- Peak of Eldersblood
- Overlook the Tongue
- Mount Anthor is a mountain in the Kingdom of Anthor
- Summit of the Northwinds
- Altar of the Skyborn
Aside from the 10 primary dragon lairs, there are two more areas where dragons are almost certain to appear:
- The Watch of Saering. This dragon may be found in the northern section of the Solstheim island, which is to the northeast of the Kingdom of Skyrim.
- Barrow’s Bleak Falls To the west of Riverwood town, there is an old mausoleum devoted to dragons.
The Dragons must be defeated.
In Skyrim, there are nine distinct varieties of dragons, each with its own set of powers and resistances:
- Brown Dragons are a kind of dragon that is brown in (Fire, Frost)
- Dragons of the Green Blood (Fire, Frost)
- Frost Dragons, White-Blue (Frost)
- Elder Dragons in Bronze (Fire, Frost)
- Ancient Red-Black Dragons (Fire, Frost)
- Dragons of Orange Reverence (Fire)
- Legendary Black-Purple Dragons (Fire, Frost)
- Serpentine Dragons in Blue (Fire, Frost)
- Skeletal Dragons That Aren’t Dead (Frost)
- Both melee and ranged weaponry may be used to slay dragons of all varieties.
- Dragonbane, received through Esbern, the Elder Nord’s “Alduin’s Wall” quest, is the finest blade against dragons.
- When the dragon lands and roars, it is most vulnerable.
- Shield Bash and Power Attack are the most efficient attacks against dragons.
- When hunting dragons, such as Shadowmere, received from Astris of Dark Brotherhood’s “The Cure for Madness” quest, it is preferable to utilize a horse.
- Firebolt with the Impact bonus is the greatest magic spell against dragons.
- Fire Breath and Dragonrend are the greatest dragon-fighting cries.
- Spellbreaker, earned from Kesh the Clean at the Shrine to Peryite in the Reach hold’s “The Only Cure” quest, is the finest protection against dragon breath assaults.
- Vampirism may protect you against frost dragon assaults.
Players will be awarded with the following things after defeating a dragon:
- 1–3 times Bone of the Dragon
- Dragon Scale (1-3x)
- Scales of a Dragon
- Gemstones, both precious and semi-precious
- Armor and weapons that have been enchanted
Dragon Heartscales are similar to regular dragon scales in appearance. They both have the identical weight of 10 Encumbrance and a worth of 250 gold, although they’re used for different quests. They can only be taken from a dragon when wielding Kahvozein’s Fang, a one-of-a-kind blade dropped by dragon priests within Nordic graves.
A Different Approach
If you don’t wish to collect dragon scales from dragons for any reason, you may receive them from other sources, such as:
- The settlement of Rorikstead is located in the Whiterun hold.
There is a Shrine of Akatosh on the village’s hill that yields one dragon scale every week. You are welcome to come over and pick it up without any problem.
Using Scales of a Dragon in Crafting
Dragon scales are primarily utilized to make Dragonplate and Dragonscale armor sets, as previously stated. Players must first gain the Dragon Armor perk and attain Smithing Level 100 before they may build this sort of armor.
The following is the formula for making a dragonplate armor set:
|Piece of Armor||Scales of a Dragon||Dragon Bone||Strips of leather|
|Armor made of dragonplate||3||2||3|
|Boots with Dragonplates||3||1||2|
|Gauntlets with Dragonplates||2||1||2|
|Helmet made of dragonplate||2||1||2|
|Shield of the Dragonplate||3||1||1|
The following is the formula for making a dragonscale armor set:
|Piece of Armor||Dragon Scales||Leather||Strips of leather||Ingot of iron|
|Armor made of dragonscales||4||1||3||2|
|Boots with Dragonscales||2||1||2||1|
|Gauntlets with Dragonscales||2||1||2||1|
|Helmet of Dragonscale||2||1||1||1|
|Shield of the Dragonscale||4||–||2||2|
With the Merchant perk, dragon scales may also be sold to general goods merchants, alchemy merchants, and blacksmiths.
That’s all there is to it when it comes to getting dragon scales in Skyrim. Please visit our dedicated hub page for more Skyrim tips and tricks articles.
Guides related to
The “how to make dragon armor skyrim” is a guide on how to get the Dragon Scales in Skyrim. It also includes some tips and tricks about making your own armor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fastest way to get dragon scales in Skyrim?
A: It is not recommended that you get scales by killing dragons because they are difficult to get, and there will be no return on your investment. Instead, spend some time exploring the map of Skyrim and find a quest where you can collect dragon feathers for easy access to small amounts of scales which can then be sold or crafted into armor.
Where can I get dragon scale armor in Skyrim?
A: You can get dragon scales in Skyrim by killing a dragon and looting its body.
Do you need dragon scales in Skyrim?
A: You will need dragon scales in order to craft a more powerful armor.
- skyrim how to get dragon armor at level 1
- what to do with dragon scales skyrim
- dragon bone id skyrim
- skyrim dragonscale armor id
- studded dragonscale armor